Table of Contents
Chicken and rice soup is a perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate. This soup is very healthy and satisfying. Chicken and rice soup is a variation of traditional chicken soup. It is made of small chicken pieces in the hot soupy water with rice. In this blog, a very easy but useful recipe of chicken and rice soup will be discussed. It is perfect food in a cold day with lots of protein, and fibers.
Chicken, white rice, vegetables.
Time of preparation
10 to 15 minutes
Time of cooking
35 to 40 minutes
For 4 to 6 persons
It contains lots of protein and fibers.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse and cut the pieces of chicken properly.
· Rinse 1 cup of white rice.
· Chop onion.
· Chop garlic.
· Chop celery and parsley.
· Chop carrots.
· Chop spring onion into small pieces.
|Rice grain||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||5 to 6 spoons|
· At first put the chicken pieces into a pot and add 3 cup of water.
· Bring it to boil in a medium high flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
· Transfer the boiled chicken pieces into a bowl and collect the chicken stock in another large bowl.
· Shredded the pieces of chicken with forks.
· Now add some olive oil in a cooking pot and heated.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery in the cooking pot and heat to medium low flame.
· Stir the vegetables frequently for 6 to 8 minutes.
· Then add 1 tbsp garlic and 1 cup parsley.
· Cook them for some time.
· When the vegetables become soften, add the boiled chicken pieces in the cooking pot.
· Add 1 cup of rice grain.
· Add the chicken stock to the cooking pot and covered the pot with a lid.
· Cook them for 10 to 15 minutes.
· Add some salt to taste.
· Add some pepper to taste.
· Add some cream to garnish the soup.
· Chicken and rice soup is ready to serve and it should be served warm.
Variation on the recipe
· Some bay leaves can be added to get flavor.
· To make this soup heavy, you can add more cream.
· You can add various types of vegetables to make the more healthy.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the ingredients and chicken pieces thoroughly.
· Chop vegetables and chicken into proper sized.
· Use uncooked rice.
· Add more broth if needed.
· Take enough time to stir the ingredients.
The nutritional value of this chicken and rice soup is stated below:
Calories- 366 Kcal
Fat- 9 g
Cholesterol- 52 mg
Sodium- 1810 mg
Fiber- 1 g
Sugar- 2 g
Iron- 2.3 mg.
Carbohydrate- 45 g
Protein- 23 g