Table of Contents
Chicken broth soup is a comfort and delicious food. It is tasty and hot. Even some chicken broth soup can be used in other types of chicken soup. Chicken broth soup is made of chicken pieces in the hot soupy water. A classic and simple recipe to prepare chicken broth soup will be discussed in this blog. This soup contains lots of protein.
Image credits: chicken broth soup by Kattebelletje lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken, vegetables, and spices.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
30 to 40 minutes
For 4 people.
It contains protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken properly.
· Chop one large onion.
· Chop some celery.
· Chop some carrots.
· Chop spring onion into small pieces.
· Chop garlic.
|Chicken (with bone)||250-300 gm|
|Garlic||3 to 4 cloves|
· In a cooking pot put the 3 to 4 cups of water and pieces of chicken.
· Add garlic, clove, chopped onions, carrots, celery, and salt.
· Cover the pot with a lid and cook in high flame for 10 minutes constantly.
· Then remove the lid and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
· Bring out the chicken from the pot and release the meat from the bones.
· Again add the bones into the cooking pot.
· Again let it simmer for some time.
· Pour the broth into a bowl after separating other ingredients from it.
· The chicken broth soup is ready.
· Add some peeper and serve it.
Variation on the recipe
· Vegetables can be served with it to get different taste.
· Some bay leaves can be added for flavor.
· To make this soup heavy, cream may be added.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients and chicken pieces thoroughly.
· Chop chicken into small sized.
The nutritional value of this chicken broth soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 15 cal
Fat- 0.5 g
Carbohydrate- 1.1 g
Protein- 1.6 g