Table of Contents
Chicken enchilada soup is a tasty version of normal traditional chicken soup. It is hot and creamy with lots of protein and fibers. It contains minerals too. This is made of small chicken pieces of breasts, thighs or leftover chicken in the hot soupy water with lots of vegetables and enchilada. In this blog, a very easy to make recipe of chicken enchilada soup will be shared.
Chicken breast and enchilada sauce.
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
30 to 35 minutes
For 3 to 4 persons
It contains lots of proteins and fibers.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse vegetables properly.
· Chop celery and parsley.
· Chop carrots.
· Prepare chicken breasts.
· Chop one big onion.
|tomato||1 or 2|
|Black beans||1 cup|
|Olive oil||5 tbsp|
Preparation procedure of soup
· Firstly, put the chicken pieces into a cooking pot and add 2 to 4 cups of water.
· Boil the water in high flame for some minutes.
· Collect the boiled chicken pieces into a bowl and collect the chicken broth in another bowl.
· Shredded the pieces of chicken.
· Put 2 table spoon of olive oil in a large cooking pan and heated to low flame.
· Fry some chopped onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in the oil.
· Add pepper and salt.
· Add seasonings, enchilada sauce.
· Add chopped tomatoes, black beans.
· Add the shredded chicken and pour some chicken broth.
· Season with parsley.
· Add cheese and cream and stir to mix.
· Simmer for 10 minutes.
· Chicken enchilada soup is ready and it should be served warm.
Variation on the recipe
· Any kind of vegetables can be added to make it different.
· To make this soup heavy, you can add some cream.
· Boiled sweet corn can be added get different flavor.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the chicken pieces before cooking.
· Cook on low flame.
· Use sufficient amount of broth.
· To make it delicious, one can add cornstarch.
The nutritional value of this chicken enchilada soup (1 bowl) is stated below:
Calories- 329 Cal
Fat- 6.2 g
Calcium- 205.7 mg
Sodium- 467.5 mg
Potassium- 438.1 mg
Net Carbohydrates- 23.1 g
Protein- 26 g
Vitamin C- 13.4 mg