Table of Contents
Traditional chicken soup is a comfort food and when gnocchi is added to it, it becomes more delicious. This soup is a perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate. This is made of small shredded chicken pieces in the hot soupy water with gnocchi. A very easy but healthy recipe of chicken gnocchi soup will be shared in this blog. It contains lots of protein, fibers, and carbohydrates.
Image credits: chicken gnocchi soup by cookingalamel, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken, gnocchi, vegetables.
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
20 to 30 minutes
For 3 to 4 persons
It contains lots of protein and fibers.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse and cut the pieces of chicken.
· Rinse 1 lb. mini potato gnocchi.
· Chop onion.
· Chop garlic.
· Chop celery and parsley.
· Chop carrots.
|Mini potato gnocchi||1 lb|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
· At first put the chicken pieces into a pot and add 3 to 4 cups of water.
· Bring it to boil in a medium high flame for 10 minutes.
· Transfer the boiled chicken pieces into a bowl and collect the chicken broth in another bowl.
· Shredded the pieces of chicken with the help of two forks.
· Put some olive oil in a cooking pan and heated.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery in the cooking pan and heat to medium low flame.
· Stir the vegetables frequently for 6 to 8 minutes.
· Then add 1 tbsp garlic and 3 to 4 tbsp parsley.
· Cook them for some time.
· When the vegetables become soften, add the shredded chicken pieces in the cooking pot.
· Add 1 lb potato gnocchi.
· Add the chicken broth to the cooking pan and covered the pan with a lid.
· Cook them for 10 to 15 minutes.
· Add some salt to taste.
· Add some pepper to taste.
· Add some cream to garnish the soup.
· Chicken gnocchi soup is ready to taste and it should be served warm.
Variation on the recipe
· Some bay leaves can be added to get flavor.
· To make this soup heavy, you can add more cream.
· You can add various types of vegetables also.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the vegetables and chicken pieces.
· Chop vegetables and chicken into proper cubed sized.
· Use sufficient amount of broth.
The nutritional value of this chicken gnocchi soup (1 bowl) is stated below:
Fat- 13 g
Sodium- 1420 mg
Potassium- 616 mg
Net Carbs- 23 g
Protein- 10 g