Table of Contents
Chicken orzo soup can be served as a complete meal when anyone not has enough time to make a family meal. It is hot and testy food. Chicken pieces combine with orzo pasta and fresh veggies make a delicious meal for all. So here an easy recipe to prepare chicken orzo soup is discussed in this blog with you.
Chicken and orzo pasta.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
25 to 30 minutes
For 4 to 6 people.
It contains protein and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken properly.
· Prepare chicken broth.
· Unpack 2 cups of orzo pasta.
· Chop one large onion and some celery.
· Chop some carrots.
· Prepare a mix of thyme, sage, and rosemary herbs.
|Orzo pasta||2 cups|
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Herbs mix||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 to 3 spoons|
|Boneless chicken breast||250 to 300 gm|
· In a large cooking pot, add 2 cup of broth and chicken breast pieces and boil.
· Reduce heat after 5 minutes and simmer for another 10 minutes.
· In a pan, add 3 tablespoon of olive oil and heat.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery into the heated oil.
· Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and add garlic and again cook for some minutes.
· Stir occasionally.
· After the vegetables become tender, add them to the broth and chicken mixture.
· Add 2 cup of orzo pasta into the broth.
· Add water, if needed.
· Boil them properly and then simmer for 8 minutes uncovered.
· When the pasta becomes tender, add herb mixture.
· Add some chopped parsley and pepper.
· Add ½ tablespoon salt.
· Mixed all ingredients and pour the chicken orzo soup in a bowl to enjoy.
Variation on the recipe
· Lemon can be used to get a different flavor.
· Various types of veggies or corn can be added.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients and chicken pieces properly before cooking.
· Chop chicken into small sized.
· Garlic powder may be added before cooking.
The nutritional value of the chicken orzo soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 330 cal
Fat- 8 g
Carbohydrate- 33 g
Protein- 32 g
Sugar- 4 g