Table of Contents
Chicken pot pie soup is a comfort, creamy and delicious food. It is hearty too. It is a one pot meal. Chicken pot pie soup is made of chicken pieces in the hot soupy water with some veggies. A classic and simple recipe to prepare chicken pot pie soup is here in this blog to share with you all. This soup contains lots of protein.
Chicken and vegetables.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
30 to 40 minutes
For 4 people.
It contains protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken properly.
· Rinse potato and other veggies.
· Chop one large onion.
· Chop some celery.
· Chop some carrots.
· Chop garlic.
|Potatoes||4 to 5|
|Chicken stock||2 cups|
· In a cooking pot add 2 to 3 tablespoon of butter.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery, and salt.
· Cook the veggies by occasionally stirring.
· Add garlic and 1 cup of flour and stir constantly for some time.
· Add chicken stock and stir.
· Now add chopped potatoes, pepper and boil them in medium high heat.
· When the potatoes become soft, add pieces of chicken.
· Add peas and corn
· And cook them in medium heat for at least 10 minutes.
· Add heavy cream and simmer the soup now in medium low flame.
· Thus pot pie chicken soup is ready.
Variation on the recipe
· Noodles can be added to get pot pie chicken noodles soup.
· Some bay leaves can be added for flavor.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients and chicken pieces thoroughly.
· Chop chicken into small sized.
· Parsley may be added just before serving.
The nutritional value of this chicken pot pie soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 499 cal
Fat- 20 g
Sodium- 823 mg
Carbohydrate- 1.1 g
Protein- 28 g