Table of Contents
Soup is warm and healthy in the season of winter. But chicken potato soup is delicious too. This soup contains chicken pieces in the soupy water with cubes of potatoes. The soft potato in the creamy texture gives a different satisfaction while eating. A very easy way to make chicken soup with potatoes will be discussed with all of you through this blog.
Chicken and potatoes.
Time of preparation
10 to 15 minutes
Time of cooking
40 to 45 hours
For 4 to 6 peoples
It contains protein and carbohydrates.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the chicken properly.
· Rinse potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
· Chop one large onion.
· Smashed cloves of garlic.
· Chop fresh ginger.
· Chop carrots and celery.
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Hot sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Carrot||4 medium size|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 to 4cups|
· In a large pot, take the chicken pieces and put 3 to 4 cups of water and boil.
· When the chicken is boiled, remove them from pot.
· Cut them into bite sized pieces and keep the broth aside.
· Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper into another pot.
· Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
· Then add garlic, hot sauce and stir.
· Add flour with continuous stirring.
· Add 2 cups of broth and mix them well.
· Cube size potato pieces are added then to the pot.
· Add more broth, if needed.
· Add the pieces of chicken back into the pot.
· Boil first for 10 minutes. Then simmer it for some time.
· The soup is prepared.
· Pour it in a bowl and garnish with cheese.
Variation on the recipe
· Bacon can be used to get great flavor.
· If noodles are added, it will be a potato noodles chicken soup.
· Chili sauce can be used to make it spicy.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Cut the chicken into small cube pieces.
· Should use proper amount of chicken broth to make proper consistency.
· Cheese should be shred from a block.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 285 cal
Fat- 16 g
Carbohydrate- 17 g
Protein- 17 g
Fiber- 2 g
Iron- 1 mg