Chicken torlellini is mouth watering. It is healthy too. It can be served as a complete family meal. Chicken pieces combine with tortellini and fresh veggies make a delicious food for all. So here a simple recipe to prepare chicken tortellini soup is discussed in this blog with you.
Image credits: chicken tortellini soup by lower Columbia college, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken and tortellini.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
25 to 30 minutes
For 4 to 6 people.
It contains protein and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken properly.
· Prepare chicken broth.
· Unpack packet of tortellini.
· Chop one large onion and some celery.
· Chop some carrots and spinach.
· Prepare a mix of thyme, sage, and rosemary herbs.
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Celery and spinach||1 Cup|
|Herbs mix||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 to 3 spoons|
|Boneless chicken breast||250 to 300 gm|
· Add 2 cup of broth and chicken breast pieces in a cooking pot and boil.
· Reduce heat after 5 minutes and simmer for another some more minutes.
· Add 3 tablespoon of olive oil in another pan and heat.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery into the heated oil in the pan.
· Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and add garlic and again cook for some minutes.
· Stir occasionally.
· After the vegetables become tender, add them to the broth and chicken mixture.
· Add 1 cup of tortillini into the broth.
· Add more broth, if required.
· Boil them properly and then simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
· Add herb mixture, when the tortellini becomes tender
· Add some chopped parsley and spinach and pepper.
· Add ½ tablespoon salt.
· Mixed all ingredients and pour the chicken tortellini soup in a bowl to eat.
Variation on the recipe
· 1 tablespoon of lemon can be added to get a different flavor.
· Various types of veggies or corn can be added.
· Frozen and dried tortellini can be used.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients properly before cooking.
· Cut spinach into proper size to make the soup looks good.
· Chop chicken into small sized.
· Garlic powder may be added before cooking.
The nutritional value of the chicken orzo soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 130 cal
Fat- 3.5 g
Carbohydrate- 14 g
Protein- 14.1 g
Sugar- 2 g