Chicken torlellini is mouth watering. It is healthy too. It can be served as a complete family meal. Chicken pieces combine with tortellini and fresh veggies make a delicious food for all. So here a simple recipe to prepare chicken tortellini soup is discussed in this blog with you.
Chicken and tortellini.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
25 to 30 minutes
For 4 to 6 people.
It contains protein and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken properly.
· Prepare chicken broth.
· Unpack packet of tortellini.
· Chop one large onion and some celery.
· Chop some carrots and spinach.
· Prepare a mix of thyme, sage, and rosemary herbs.
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Chicken broth||4 cups|
|Celery and spinach||1 Cup|
|Herbs mix||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 to 3 spoons|
|Boneless chicken breast||250 to 300 gm|
· Add 2 cup of broth and chicken breast pieces in a cooking pot and boil.
· Reduce heat after 5 minutes and simmer for another some more minutes.
· Add 3 tablespoon of olive oil in another pan and heat.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery into the heated oil in the pan.
· Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and add garlic and again cook for some minutes.
· Stir occasionally.
· After the vegetables become tender, add them to the broth and chicken mixture.
· Add 1 cup of tortillini into the broth.
· Add more broth, if required.
· Boil them properly and then simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
· Add herb mixture, when the tortellini becomes tender
· Add some chopped parsley and spinach and pepper.
· Add ½ tablespoon salt.
· Mixed all ingredients and pour the chicken tortellini soup in a bowl to eat.
Variation on the recipe
· 1 tablespoon of lemon can be added to get a different flavor.
· Various types of veggies or corn can be added.
· Frozen and dried tortellini can be used.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients properly before cooking.
· Cut spinach into proper size to make the soup looks good.
· Chop chicken into small sized.
· Garlic powder may be added before cooking.
The nutritional value of the chicken orzo soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 130 cal
Fat- 3.5 g
Carbohydrate- 14 g
Protein- 14.1 g
Sugar- 2 g