Table of Contents
Chicken vegetable soup is a variation of traditional chicken soup. This hot soup is a perfect combination of protein, carbohydrate, fibers, and minerals. This is made of small shredded chicken pieces in the hot soupy water with lots of vegetables. A very easy and healthy recipe of chicken vegetable soup will be shared in this blog. It contains lots of protein, fibers, and carbohydrates.
Image credits: chicken vegetable soup by Tony Alter, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken and vegetables.
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
20 to 25 minutes
For 3 to 4 persons
It contains lots of protein and fibers.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse and cut the pieces of chicken in proper size.
· Rinse vegetables thoroughly.
· Chop onion.
· Chop garlic.
· Chop celery and parsley.
· Chop carrots.
· Chop capsicum and bell peppers.
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
· At first put the chicken pieces into a pot and add 4 cups of water.
· Bring it to boil for 10 minutes.
· Transfer the boiled chicken pieces into a bowl and collect the chicken broth in another bowl.
· Shredded the pieces of chicken with the help of two forks.
· Put 2 to 3 table spoon of olive oil in a cooking pan and heated.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery, chopped capsicum and bell peppers in the cooking pan and heat to medium low flame.
· Stir the vegetables frequently for 6 to 8 minutes.
· Then add 1 tbsp garlic and 3 to 4 tbsp parsley.
· Cook them for some time.
· When the vegetables become soften, add the shredded chicken pieces in the cooking pot.
· Add the chicken broth to the cooking pan and covered the pan with a lid.
· Cook them for 5 to 8 minutes.
· Add some salt to taste.
· Add some pepper to taste.
· Chicken vegetable soup is ready to taste and it should be served warm.
Variation on the recipe
· Bay leaves can add some flavor to this soup. So, it can be added.
· To make this soup heavy, you can add cream.
· You can add boiled sweet corn also.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the vegetables and chicken pieces before cooking.
· Chop vegetables and chicken into proper cubed sized.
· Use sufficient amount of broth.
The nutritional value of this chicken vegetable soup (1 bowl) is stated below:
Calories- 168 KCal
Fat- 3.7 g
Cholesterol- 15 mg
Sodium- 1168 mg
Potassium- 616 mg
Net Carbohydrates- 24 g
Protein- 10 g
Iron- 1.3 mg