Table of Contents
Chicken in cream of mushroom is mouth watering for those persons who love to eat soft and juicy chicken. It is healthy too. It can be served as a complete meal. Chicken pieces combine with mushroom cream make a delicious food for all. So here a versatile recipe to prepare cream of mushroom soup with chicken is discussed in this blog with you.
Chicken and mushroom soup.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
30 to 35 minutes
For 2 to 4 peoples
It contains protein and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken.
· Cut 1 cup of mushroom.
· Prepare chicken broth.
· Chop one large onion and some parsley.
|Onion||2 medium size|
|Low sodium chicken broth||4 cups|
|Olive oil||½ cup|
|White wine (any type)||½ cup|
|Chicken pieces||250 to 300 gm|
Preparation procedure of mushroom soup
· Heat butter in a pot and add onion.
· Cook the onion until it becomes brown.
· Then add mashed garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
· Add 1 cup of mushroom and 2 spoon of thyme.
· Add some white wine and cook.
· Add some flour and stir constantly.
· Add chicken stock and mix well.
· Add salt and pepper in required amount.
· Then after occasionally stirring for some time, add cream and stir.
· Allow to gently simmer.
· Mix in parsley and thyme.
· Thus mushroom soup is prepared.
Preparation procedure of mushroom soup with chicken
· Chicken pieces are seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic.
· Cook the chicken pieces until the both sides become brown.
· Pour them in the cream of mushroom soup and stir.
· Cover and simmer until it cooks well for minimum 5 minutes.
· Reduce heat and then simmer the soup for another 5 minutes.
· Finally, creamy mushroom soup with chicken is prepared to eat.
Variation on the recipe
· Pork can be added to get pork chicken mushroom soup.
· Various types of veggies or corn can be added.
· Noodles also can be added to get a variety.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Use thin cut breasts pieces of chicken.
· Sliced mushroom in small sized.
· Serve warm to get flavor of mushroom soup.
· Served with rice or noodles.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 425 cal
Fat- 14 g
Carbohydrate- 24 g
Protein- 48 g
Sugar- 1 g