Table of Contents
Creamy chicken soup is a delicious version of traditional chicken soup. This hot soup with lots of protein is a treat to taste buds in a cold weather. It contains fibers and minerals too. This is made of small chicken pieces in the hot soupy water with lots of vegetables and cream. An easy recipe of creamy chicken soup will be shared with you in this blog.
Image credits: creamy chicken soup by Isabelle Boucher, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken breast, milk, flour and cream.
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
20 to 25 minutes
For 3 to 4 persons
It contains lots of protein, fibers, and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Cut the chicken breast into pieces with knife.
· Rinse vegetables properly.
· Chop celery and parsley.
· Chop carrots.
· Chop capsicum and bell pepper.
|Sweet corn||1 cup|
· At first put the chicken pieces into a cooking pot and add 4 cups of water.
· Bring it to boil in medium heat.
· Collect the boiled chicken pieces into a bowl and collect the chicken broth in another bowl.
· Shredded the pieces of chicken.
· Put 2 table spoon of butter in a large cooking pan and heated to low flame.
· Add chopped carrots, celery, chopped capsicum and bell peppers in the cooking pan and cook in the heat to medium low flame.
· Add 2 large table spoon of flour.
· Stir the vegetables with flour and add 1 to 2 cups of milk.
· Stir frequently.
· Then add 3 to 4 tbsp parsley.
· Add 1 cup of sweet corn.
· Cook them for some time.
· When the vegetables become soften, add the shredded chicken pieces in the cooking pot.
· Add the chicken broth to the cooking pan and cook them for 5 to 8 minutes.
· Add some cream.
· Add some salt and pepper to taste.
· Chicken soup with lots of cream is ready to taste and it should be served warm.
Variation on the recipe
· Chopped garlic can add some flavor to this soup. So, it can be added.
· To make this soup heavy, you can add more cream.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the chicken pieces before cooking.
· Chop vegetables and chicken into proper cubed sized.
· Use sufficient amount of broth.
· Homemade cream makes this soup more tasty than normal.
The nutritional value of this creamy chicken soup (1 bowl) is stated below:
Calories- 130 KCal
Fat- 9.2 g
Cholesterol- 5 mg
Sodium- 890 mg
Potassium- 616 mg
Net Carbohydrates- 13.1 g
Protein- 4 g