Table of Contents
Hot chicken soup is a comfort food during winter. But if cream and noodles are added into traditional chicken soup, it becomes very mouth-watering. Crockpot chicken noodle soup can be made of chicken pieces in the hot soupy water in a crockpot with noodles and vegetables. In this blog, an easy way to prepare crockpot chicken noodle soup will be discussed. This soup contains lots of protein, nutrients, and vitamins.
Image credits: crockpot chicken noodle soup by Lasley Show, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken, and noodles.
Time of preparation
10 to 15 minutes
Time of cooking
6 to 8 hours
For 4 to 6 persons
It contains lots of protein and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken properly.
· Ready one packet of noodles.
· Chop one large onion.
· Chop some celery.
· Chop some carrots.
· Chop spring onion into small pieces.
· Wash 1 or 2 bay leaves.
|Sweet corn||1 Cup|
· In a crockpot at first put the 3 to 4 cups of water and pieces of chicken in a pot.
· Add chopped onions, carrots, celery, sweet corn in the pot and heat to medium low flame.
· Stir the vegetables frequently for some minutes.
· When the vegetables become soften, remove the boiled chicken pieces from the cooking pot.
· Shared the chicken pieces by two forks.
· Add some salt to taste.
· Cook all the ingredients in the pot together for 6 to 8 hours in low flame.
· Then add about 1 cup of noodles and shredded chicken pieces.
· Stir that and covered the pot with a lid.
· And cook for another 15 minutes.
· Add some peeper and some cream to garnish
· Thus the crockpot chicken noodle soup is ready to taste.
Variation on the recipe
· 1 tbsp of chopped garlic can be added.
· Some bay leaves can be added, it required.
· To make this soup heavy, cream may be added.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients and chicken pieces thoroughly.
· Chop vegetables and chicken into small sized.
· Take enough time to boil the ingredients.
The nutritional value of this chicken noodles soup is stated below (per 496 grams):
Calories- 378 cal
Fat- 3.8 g
Cholesterol- 20 mg
Sodium- 1662 mg
Carbohydrate- 15 g
Protein- 5.8 g