Table of Contents
Crockpot chicken soup is the easy process to prepare tasty and healthy meal. It is hot meal that keeps us warm in a cold day. It contains creamy lots of protein, vitamins and fibers. This soup is made of small chicken pieces of breasts, thighs or leftover chicken in the hot soupy water with enchilada. In this blog, a very easy way to make crockpot chicken soup will be discussed.
Image credits: crockpot chicken pot by Forsaken Fotos, lisence under CC 2.0
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
For 3 to 4 persons
It contains lots of proteins, minerals, fibers.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse chicken breasts properly and cut into pieces.
· Chop garlic.
· Prepare 1 cup of sweet corn.
· Chop one big onion.
· Prepare a mixture of tomato sauces and chili sauce.
|Tomato sauce||3 table spoons|
|Chicken broth||1 cup|
|Green chili sauce||2 tbsp|
|Enchilada sauce||2 tbsp|
Preparation procedure of soup
· Take chicken breast in a pot and add salt and pepper.
· Add chopped onion, garlic, and 1 cup of chicken broth.
· Add one cup of sweet corn.
· Add half cup of mixture of tomatoes and green chills.
· Add 2 cup of water.
· Add enchilada sauce.
· Add 1 cup of taco seasoning, and small amount of chili powder.
· Mix well all the ingredients.
· Cover the pot with a glass lid and cook for 15 minutes.
· Remove the boiled chicken and shred the pieces of chicken.
· Again add the shredded chicken into the cooking pot.
· Mix everything and cook for another 10 minutes.
· Crockpot chicken soup is ready to taste.
Variation on the recipe
· Any kind of vegetables can be added to make it different.
· To make this soup heavy, you can add some cream.
· If noodles are added, it can be served as crockpot noodle soup.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the chicken pieces before cooking.
· Cook on low flame.
· Use sufficient amount of broth.
· To make it delicious, one can add cornstarch.
The nutritional value of this crockpot chicken soup (1 bowl) is stated below:
Calories- 196 Cal
Fat- 7.2 g
Calcium- 14.1 %
Sodium- 2427.2 mg
Potassium- 344.5 mg
Net Carbohydrates- 41.1 g
Protein- 38 g
Vitamin C- 26.5 %