Table of Contents
Chicken soup is a comfort food. It is tasty and hot. If cream is added into chicken soup, it becomes very mouth-watering. Instant pot chicken soup is made of chicken pieces in the hot soupy water with some vegetables. In this blog, a classic and simple way to prepare instant pot chicken soup will be discussed. This soup will be prepared in a pressure cooker.
Image credits: instant pot chicken soup by Global reactions, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken, and vegetables.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
50 to 60 minutes
For 4 to 5 people
It contains lots of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients:
· Rinse the breast pieces of chicken properly.
· Chop one large onion.
· Chop some celery.
· Chop some carrots.
· Chop spring onion into small pieces.
· Chop garlic.
|Garlic||3 to 4 cloves|
|Sweet corn||1 Cup|
· In a pressure cooker put the 3 to 4 cups of water and breast pieces of chicken.
· Add garlic and salt.
· Cover pressure cooker with the lid and cook first 25 minutes at high pressure.
· Remove the chicken from the cooker and put them on a dish to cool down.
· Shared the chicken into pieces.
· Now add chopped onions, carrots, celery, sweet corn to the chicken broth in the cooker.
· Place the lid again and cook for 5 minutes in high pressure.
· When the cooker beeps, release the pressure and open the cooker to add the chicken.
· Stir to mix all the ingredients.
· Add some peeper and some cream to garnish
· Thus the instant pot chicken soup is ready to serve.
Variation on the recipe
· Noodles can be added to get instant chicken noodle soup.
· Some bay leaves can be added, it required.
· To make this soup heavy, cream may be added.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Raise the ingredients and chicken pieces thoroughly.
· Chop vegetables and chicken into small sized.
· Be careful at the time of releasing pressure from the pressure cooker.
The nutritional value of this instant pot chicken soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 606 cal
Fat- 41 g
Carbohydrate- 9 g
Protein- 48 g