Table of Contents
Jamaican chicken soup is full of flavor and can satisfy the taste buds easily. It contains pumpkin, dumplings, and other vegetables with chicken pieces. An easy preparation of Jamaican chicken soup will be discussed in this blog.
Chicken, pumpkin and corn.
Time of preparation
20 to 30 minutes
Time of cooking
40 to 45 minutes
For 4 to 6 peoples
It contains protein, and vitamins.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the chicken properly.
· Unpack 1 pack chicken soup mix.
· Peal and cube Chocho.
· Cut pumpkin into pieces.
· Chop spring onion.
· Smashed cloves of garlic.
· Chop carrots and celery.
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Soup mix||1 packet|
|Carrot||4 medium size|
|Chicken (boneless)||250-300 gm|
|Chicken broth||3 to 4cups|
Preparation procedure of dumpling
· Mix 1 cup flour and salt in a bowl.
· Add water and mix well to prepare dough.
· Divided into small pieces and make flat round shaped dumplings.
· In a large pot, take chicken breast pieces.
· Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt.
· Add water and boil for 10 minutes.
· Now add pieces of pumpkin, spring onion, corn, chocho, and dumplings.
· Again add enough chicken broth to boil them properly.
· Add soup mix and stir with the ingredient.
· Add pepper.
· Cover the pot and start to boil.
· Boil for 30 to 35 minutes and then the soup will be ready.
· Add some cheese over the soup.
Variation on the recipe
· Herbs can be added to get flavor.
· Other vegetables can also be used.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Cut the chicken and pumpkin into small cube pieces.
· Use chicken broth instead of water.
· Do not pour the soup mix directly from the packet.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 101 cal