Table of Contents
Jewish chicken soup is warm and healthy. It is good for taste buds. This is a special type of chicken soup which is names after Jewish religion. This soup is enriched with aromas. An easy yet delicious recipe of Jewish chicken soup is discussed with you.
Chicken and eggs.
Time of preparation
30 to 35 minutes
Time of cooking
4 to 5 hours
For 7 to 8 peoples
It contains protein and carbohydrates.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the whole chicken properly.
· Chop one large onion.
· Smashed cloves of garlic.
· Chop fresh ginger, dill weed.
· Chop carrots and celery.
|Dill weed||1 bunch|
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Matzo meal||2 cups|
|Carrot||4 medium size|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoon|
· In a large pot, take the chicken pieces and put 3 to 4 cups of water.
· Add chopped carrots, celery, parsnip, onion, dili, salt and pepper into the pot.
· Simmer them in medium heat for 1.5 to 2 hours.
· Add garlic.
· Matzo meal, eggs, oil, salt, and broth are mixed in a separate bowl.
· Keep this mixture in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
· Make balls from the mixture of matzo.
· In a separate pot, put some water and bring it to boil.
· Now cook the small matzo balls in the boiled water.
· In the meantime, separate the chicken from the pot and cut the meat into pieces.
· Then return the pieces of chicken in the mixture of broth and veggies.
· Add boiled matzo balls in the soup, after cooking.
· Simmer for some time.
· Then finally Jewish chicken soup is ready.
Variation on the recipe
· If noodles are added, it will be a Jewish noodles chicken soup.
· Various types of spicy sauce one can add to make it spicy.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Cut the whole chicken into small cube pieces after boiling.
· Should use proper amount of chicken broth to make the matzo mixture.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 525 cal
Fat- 27 g
Carbohydrate- 40 g
Protein- 32 g