Table of Contents
Chicken soup is liked by everyone. But it may contain lots of carbohydrates if serves with rice or noodles. So, when you are in keto diet, you may not like to eat chicken soup. But for those persons, here keto chicken soup is presented in this blog. It is low in carbs but tasty. This soup is packed with soft chicken pieces with vegetables and herbs.
Chicken and fresh vegetables.
Time of preparation
15 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
30 to 35 minutes
For 2 to 4 peoples
It contains protein and minerals.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken.
· Cut cauliflower into pieces.
· Prepare chicken broth.
· Chop one large onion and some parsley.
· Smashed cloves of garlic.
· Chop fresh ginger.
|Ginger||2 to 3 pieces|
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Low sodium chicken broth||4 cups|
|Carrot||2 medium size|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
|Chicken pieces (boneless)||250 to 300 gm|
· Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
· Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger.
· Cook them with occasional stirring until it becomes brown.
· Add chopped cauliflower and sliced onion in the pot and cook in medium high heat.
· Cook for minimum 8 to 10 minutes.
· Add pepper, chopped carrots, and celery.
· Add 2 cups of chicken broth.
· Add small pieces of chicken breasts.
· Cook all of them for 15 minutes.
· Add ½ tablespoon of slat.
· Add parsley at the time of serving.
· The low carb keto chicken soup is ready.
Variation on the recipe
· Various types of veggies or corn can be added.
· Some herbs can be used to get different kind of flavor.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Use thin cut breasts pieces of chicken.
· Cauliflower should be cut into small pieces.
· Should use sufficient amount of chicken broth or stock.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (per bowl):
Calories- 188 cal
Fat- 9 g
Carbohydrate- 11 g
Protein- 18 g
Sugar- 3 g