Table of Contents
Chicken soup is liked by everyone. Lemon chicken soup is a well known variety of traditional chicken soup. This soup is loaded with taste of chicken and vegetables with the flavor of lemon. In this blog, a simple recipe to make lemon chicken soup will be presented for you. This soup is packed with soft chicken pieces with vegetables.
Chicken and lemon.
Time of preparation
10 to 15 minutes
Time of cooking
20 to 30 minutes
For 2 to 4 peoples
It contains protein and vitamins.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the pieces of chicken.
· Cut one large lemon into small pieces.
· Prepare chicken broth.
· Chop one large onion and some parsley.
· Smashed cloves of garlic.
· Chop fresh ginger.
|Ginger||2 to 3 pieces|
|Onion||1 medium size|
|Chicken broth||5 cups|
|Carrot||2 medium size|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
|Chicken pieces (boneless)||250 to 300 gm|
· Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan.
· Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger.
· Cook them with occasional stirring until it becomes brown.
· Add pepper, chopped carrots, and celery.
· Add 2 cups of chicken broth.
· Add small pieces of chicken breasts.
· Add zest of lemon.
· Cover and cook all of them for 15 minutes.
· Add ½ tablespoon of slat.
· Add cheese at the time of serving.
· The super tasty lemon chicken soup is ready.
Variation on the recipe
· Various types of veggies or corn can be added.
· Cream can be added to get a creamy effect.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Use thin cut breasts pieces of chicken.
· Lemon juice also can be added to get sour taste.
· Should use sufficient amount of chicken broth or stock.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (for 2 bowls):
Calories- 214 cal
Fat- 8 g
Carbohydrate- 23 g
Protein- 11 g
Sugar- 2 g
Vitamin C- 31.9 mg
Iron- 1.3 mg