Table of Contents
Mexican inspired chicken soup is a very delicious and easy to make meal. It becomes tasty when avocado is added to it. Thus Mexican chicken soup contains lots of protein, vitamins and minerals. This soup is made of lots of chicken pieces of breasts, thigh in the hot soupy water with cheese In this blog, a very easy way to make Mexican chicken soup will be discussed with all of you.
Chicken breasts and vegetables.
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
35 to 40 minutes
For 3 to 4 persons
It contains lots of proteins, minerals, and different nutrients.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse chicken breasts and cut them into small pieces.
· Chop 1 table spoon of garlic.
· Chop celery.
· Chop one big onion and tomato.
· Chop spring onion
· Prepare chicken broth.
|Boneless chicken||250-300 gm|
|Taco seasoning mix||2 tablespoons|
|Ground cumin||2 teaspoons|
|Chicken broth||3 cups|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
Preparation procedure of soup
· Take chicken breast on a baking sheet and add salt and taco seasoning mix.
· Put them in the preheated oven to 350 degrees F.
· After baking, allow them to cool down enough to handle.
· Shred the chicken breasts by forks.
· In another cooking pot, put some vegetable oil and heat.
· Add chopped onion, garlic one by one and sauté for 2 to 5 minutes.
· Add 1 cup of chicken broth and 2 cups of water.
· Boil the ingredients.
· Add one more tablespoon of taco seasoning mixture.
· Add cumin and black pepper.
· Simmer and add the shredded chicken pieces.
· Add chopped tomato and simmer for another 5 minutes.
· Lastly, pour it into a bowl and add some avocado to garnish.
· The Mexican chicken soup is ready.
Variation on the recipe
· Cheese can be added into this soup.
· To make this soup heavy, some cream can be added.
Tips for delicious soup making
· Rinse the chicken pieces properly.
· Cook on low flame.
· Use sufficient amount of broth.
· When it is topped with tortilla chips, it becomes very delicious.
The nutritional value of this Mexican chicken soup (1 bowl) is stated below:
Calories- 315 Cal
Fat- 16 g
Calcium- 248 mg
Net Carbohydrates- 12 g
Protein- 29 g