Table of Contents
Mexican chicken tortilla soup is the combination of Mexican and tortilla chicken soup. It has the flavor of mexican dishes served with tortilla strips. It may provide a healthy and tasty dinner. It is full of chicken, tortilla strips, and avocado. A handy recipe of Mexican chicken tortilla soup will be discussed in this blog.
Chicken, tortilla strips, avocado.
Time of preparation
10 to 20 minutes
Time of cooking
40 to 50 minutes
For 6 persons
This soup contains protein, vitamin, carbohydrate.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Chop onion.
· Garlic and some jalapeno are chopped.
· Some celery are chopped.
· Spring onion are cut into small pieces.
|Jalapeno||5 to 6 pieces|
|Corn tortilla||5 pieces|
Preparation procedure to make tortilla strips
· A pan is preheated.
· Add oil to the pan and heat to medium flame.
· Cut 5 corn tortillas into thin strips.
· Fry them in the oil to brown.
· Remove and let them drain the excess oil.
Preparation of Mexican chicken tortilla soup
· Put the total amount of chicken into a cooking pot and add water to cover it.
· Add oil and then chopped onion, garlic, jalapeno, spring onion are added into the pot.
· Boil them and then simmer for 30 minutes.
· Remove the chicken to a glass plate and shred it.
· The chicken then again has to be returned to the pot and simmer for another some minutes.
· Some salt are spread over and is mixed well.
· The soup is almost prepared and put it into a glass bowl.
· Add some pinch of pepper.
· Now the pre cooked tortilla strips are added to the soup.
· Add some avocado pieces to garnish.
· Finally the Mexican Chicken tortilla soup is ready.
Variation on the recipe
· This soup can be served with noodles.
· Cream and cheese can be added to make it tasty.
Tips for tasty soup making
· Vegetables and chicken should be cut into proper size.
· Take enough time to boil chicken and the vegetables
· Use fresh avocado.
The nutritional value of Mexican chicken tortilla soup (240 ml) is:
Calorie- 130 calories
Fat- 2 g
Carbohydrate- 17 g
Protein- 7 g