Table of Contents
Thai chicken soup is a special type of chicken soup. It is spicy. It has perfect combination of taste and nutrition. This soup contains chicken in the hot spicy watery soup that gives warmth in a winter day. Today we will discuss a recipe for making Thai chicken soup at home with all of you in this blog.
Image credit: Thai chicken soup, by Jules, lisence under CC 2.0
Chicken and various types of sauce.
Time of preparation
Time of cooking
For 5 to 6 peoples
It contains protein and vitamins.
Preparation of ingredients
· Rinse the chicken thigh pieces.
· Chopped mushrooms.
· Prepare lime juice.
· Chop cilantro.
· Garlic and fresh root of ginger are chopped.
|Fish sauce||2 tablespoon|
|Red curry paste||2 tablespoons|
|Chicken thighs||250-300 gm|
|Lime juice||½ cup|
|Coconut milk||2 cans|
|Chicken broth||2 to 4 cups|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
· Put lemongrass, garlic, ginger in a pot and heat.
· Stir them with chicken broth and boil in low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
· Transfer the lemon grass, garlic, and ginger from the pot and keep the broth in a separate bowl.
· Now in another pan, put vegetable oil and heat.
· Put the chicken pieces and cook.
· Add mushrooms and then cook for 5 minutes.
· Add red curry sauce, fish sauce and prepared lime juice and mix them well.
· Add chicken broth and chicken milk.
· Mix all the ingredients by stirring.
· Add chopped red onion and boiled until it is soften.
· Add cilantro after removing from gas oven.
· Add slices of jalapenos and serve.
Variation on the recipe
· Bacon can also be used in this soup.
· Herbs can be added to get another kind of flavor.
Tips for making delicious soup
· Cut the chicken and other ingredients into equal size.
· Take enough amount of spicy sauce.
· Lemon zest can also be used instead of lemon grass.
The nutritional value of this soup is stated below (per serving):
Calories- 596 cal
Fat- 45 g
Carbohydrate- 14 g
Protein- 41 g