Table of Contents
Soup is a healthy food. Whole chicken soup is made of whole chicken piece in the hot soupy water with vegetables. It should contain liver and heart portion of chicken with small pieces of some vegetables like carrot, parsley, celeriac. In this blog, an easy but useful recipe of whole chicken soup will be discussed. This soup contains lots of proteins, fibers and nutrients.
Image credit: Whole chicken soup by Richy, lisence under CC 2.0
Ingredients (for serving 4 to 6 persons)
Chicken, potato, carrot, parsley, celeriac, cream.
Time of preparation
10 to 15 minutes
Time of cooking
25 to 30 minutes
It contains lots of protein and fiber. This soup is rich in vitamins, sodium, potassium, and calcium.
Preparation of the ingredients
· Rinse the whole chicken properly.
· Peel and dice potatoes, carrots.
· Cut celeriac in halt.
· Chop some parsley.
· Chop onion.
|Whole chicken||400 gm|
· At first put the whole chicken in a large pot.
· Add pieces of carrots, onion, celeriac to the pot.
· Add 4 cups of cold water to cover the chicken and vegetables.
· Bring everything to boil in a medium high heat for 10 minutes.
· Reduce the heat to medium low flame until the chicken and vegetables become soften.
· Transfer the chicken and vegetables into large bowl.
· Strain the broth into a clean bowl and add the boiled whole chicken and vegetables.
· Add some salt and pepper to taste.
· Add some cream to garnish.
· Whole chicken soup should be served warm.
The nutritional value of this chicken soup (510 g) is stated below:
Calories- 168 cal
Fat- 3.7 g
Sodium- 1168 mg
Carbohydrate- 24 g
Fiber- 2 g
Tips for delicious soup making
· Use a pot with thick bottom to heat the soup evenly.
· Start with good chicken broth.
· Vegetables should be cut in right size.
· Keep liquid at a simmer to heat food more gently and evenly.